- 2-4 hours per assignment. Each assignment is case specific (it is up to you whether or not you accept the jobs as they come in).
- 3-4 mass clinics per year, 3-4 Anicera (spay/neuter clinic) runs per year, FIX ME NOW program for emergency and sick or injured cats is ongoing as needed.
Responsible, reliable, compassionate, patient, reliable transportation that you are willing to use for transport of community cats and kittens, and be comfortable making phone calls and having discussions with caretakers in a non-judgmental manner.
- LC3 has traps that you can borrow. We provide a checklist of suggested supplies. Must follow guidelines set by the Coalition.
- Reliable transportation.
- One-on-one with TNR Coordinator to include follow up phone calls to answer questions.
- Meeting with TNR team.
- Trapper training workshops are offered for beginners and advanced trappers.
- Shadow trapping with lead trappers.
- Anytime you accept a job from the Coalition you will be representing the Coalition and must do so in a professional and compassionate manner.
- Liaison with caretaker to set up trapping.
- You will be working in the field performing TNR. Trapping is mainly during am and pm hours when the cats are normally fed.
- You will need to be able to monitor the trap during the time it is set or work with the caretaker. (Traps must be monitored at all times, absolutely NO overnight trapping is allowed).
- Transportation of cats to local vet hospital Monday-Friday. Clinic runs will possibly have transport, but you will need to get the cat to the transport.
- Housing and recovering the cats before and after surgery. This requires monitoring the welfare of the cat during recovery and if needed taking it to a vet hospital.
- Pick up and return of cat to colony if caretaker or transport is unable to do so.
Interested in this volunteer position? Please fill out the interest form and we'll get back to you with more details.