Reports to Executive Director
The volunteer coordinator is responsible to lead and grow the volunteer program for the Loudoun Community Cat Coalition and includes:
- Working to identify volunteer opportunities within the organization
- Developing all volunteer materials
- Recruiting, managing and recognizing our volunteers
The volunteer coordinator is a key member of the development team working closely with the Executive Director to ensure effective support for events, and other cultivation and engagement activities as needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds (phone calls and presentations are required)
- Ability to solve problems and work independently
- Demonstrate an eagerness to learn and further develop our volunteer program
- Volunteer management experience desired.
- Manage recruitment, retention, and recognition of volunteers
- Identify volunteer opportunities within the organization
- Create online volunteer application and application review process
- Establish volunteer orientation, handbook, and training for volunteer positions
- Set-up a database to track volunteers, their interests, and availability
- Handle volunteer needs, questions, concerns with regards to their volunteer position
- Communicate with event coordinator to create sign-ups and ensure events are staffed
- Be visible in the community as an advocate for LC3 to increase public awareness of LC3 in the community
- Conduct outreach initiatives to expand volunteerism in support of LC3 programs
- Prepare status reports as specified by the Executive Director
Interested in this volunteer position? Please fill out the interest form and we'll get back to you with more details.